The education research award is granted annually to distinguished researchers in scientific research, including academic researchers, teachers, school administrators, or professional practitioners; with the aim of promoting research and knowledge production, improving educational practices, and developing educational policies.
- Activating educational research among students in colleges & educational institutes and members of the teaching staff.
- Motivating workers in the educational field to produce educational knowledge that is compatible with the nature of the educational system in the Arab world.
- Promoting the dissemination of educational production in the Arab world and defining it regionally and globally.
- Enhancing the trend towards developing Gulf educational theories.
- Motivating teachers to conduct procedural research related to the educational field.
- Enhancing the trend towards relying on research results in developing educational practices, making educational decisions and developing educational policies.
- Enhancing the trend towards exchanging successful educational experiences between educational sectors in the Arab World countries.
- Encouraging the formation of research teams from different countries of the Arab world at the level of academics and professional practitioners.
- Encouraging comparative studies between Arab countries.